Gifted at Home Repair--NOT!

Well, I was able to get the motorized snake from Lowe's on Saturday morning. After forking over $45, I managed to get the monstrosity home, where my wife and I were able to wrestle it out of the van without impaling myself on the conveniently pre-attached blade. (My wife made a joke here about cut rate vasectomies--not funny.) Anyhow, I managed to get the thing going, relying on some helpful advice from Brian E., a friend of mine and apartment owner/handyman, and I got the drain "cleared" in only 3 hours!

I got cleaned up and made it to work (3 hours late), where we had an interesting day and a nice holiday luncheon/farewell party (one staff member is leaving)/baby shower (another staff member).

It was good to see former and current co-workers and I regaled one and all with tales of my "rooting" expertise.

Then it all came crashing down. Last night, after running the second laundry load of the day, I walked into the laundry room to see undulating waves of sewage covering the laundry room floor. I cut loose with a Gilbert Godfried-like cry of anguish, and a hearty Flintstonian fusillade of fake profanity (so cool) and calmly let my wife know that the previous day's time, effort, and money had been for naught.

Well, the long and short of it is, we have a plumber coming out today and we've decided to do whatever it takes to get the problem fixed, which is going to mean more money, more time, and potentially digging up the front yard.

Hey, maybe I can do it myself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eLearning Articles of the Week (weekly)

The Enquirer - With so much info on phone, why huge library?

Tech 20