Globally Distributed Creative Problem Solving

From here on out, I will be evaluating research tools, books, policies, organizations, and research according to whether or not they facilitate or obstruct what I'm calling Globally Distributed Creative Problem Solving, or GDCPS. Our problems are big right now, and we need some pretty big solutions, solutions that can only be arrived at by unleashing the full potential of our greatest tool - the Internet.

I'm looking for something like MIT's Climate CoLab, or FoldIt, though I keep hoping for something that's purely cooperative, rather than competitive. That's why I'm not a huge fan of the corporate crowd-source innovation portals, like Innocentive, or NineSigma, though I'm still going to take the time to explore what they are offering.

If you are curious, here's a look at what MIT is doing: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/earth/crowdsourcing-climate-change-solutions/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eLearning Articles of the Week (weekly)

The Enquirer - With so much info on phone, why huge library?

Tech 20