Overdue Return to Blogging

Well, I'm back.

I've been focusing on a few other projects for a while. I was also trying to figure out just what direction I wanted this blog to go. It seemed that my career was moving away from the reference side of things, and there seemed to be a lack of stability in my profession, as well.

In the meantime, I've determined two things: first, I really believe that effective use of data or information is key to solving a great many of today's problems, and that the rise of networked communication and the smart tools that go with it allow a great deal of leverage. Second, I have a real interest in using these tools, as well as an interest in theories of invention, thought and creativity, as well.

So, I will continue to focus this blog on creative problem-solving, and on the best tools available to aid in this pursuit. I would like to focus on open-source, where possible, but I will also look at low cost options, and, when necessary, at some of the pricier tools that dramatically outperform those free and low cost items.

I would also like to interview people who are very creative and/or productive in their pursuits to find out just how they keep track of the information they need in the midst of an overwhelming abundance of information. Hopefully, I will also be able to provide reviews, case studies, and article links, as well.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eLearning Articles of the Week (weekly)

The Enquirer - With so much info on phone, why huge library?

Tech 20