Introduction

Hello!

My name is Rob, and I'm a reference librarian at a public library somewhere in Ohio.

I'm starting this blog with the purpose of exploring the role of new (popular) technology in the traditional library setting. I may discover that the two are incompatible, or that the two go together like peanut butter and jelly, or that I'm totally out of my depth (highly probable).

In the coming weeks, I want to take a look at, among other things, the Web 2.0 phenomenon, AJAX, the Semantic Web and SPARQL, social software, tagging, blogs, wikis, podcasts, vlogs, digital rights, web development, the open source movement, and the giant that is Google. It's just a small amount of information to cover, but I think we could probably stretch it out into a few posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

eLearning Articles of the Week (weekly)

Tech 20

The Enquirer - With so much info on phone, why huge library?